Osprey Capital advises clients regarding management buyouts, acquisitions, the sale of companies and divisions, recapitalizations and buy-side acquisition transactions. Selling or buying a company is one of the most important strategic decisions for a business owner. Accordingly, we begin discussions with our clients by developing an understanding of their goals and how the contemplated transaction fits these goals. We ensure that our clients are fully aware of the intricacies of the sale or acquisition process before entering into the contemplated transaction.
We also represent boards of directors and special committees of public companies for reorganizations and capital structure issues.
M&A | Sale Assignments
Osprey Capital represents business owners considering the sale of their company or business unit. Situations of this type include privately owned businesses, portfolio companies of investor groups, divisions of large companies and public companies. Our professionally managed sales process leverages management’s time and minimizes disruption to business operations. Steps in the process include:
- Identifying and implementing strategies designed to maximize business value
- Preparing a confidential descriptive memorandum
- Identifying and contacting potential acquirers of the business
- Arranging and assisting with management meetings and the due diligence process
- Analyzing alternatives and recommending a course of action
- Assisting our clients and their attorneys in negotiating the most favorable terms and mediating a smooth closing process.
M&A | Acquisition Advisory
- Representing management teams in leveraged buyout situations, including valuation, transaction structuring and raising capital
- Advising and representing companies in buy-side discussions with targeted acquisition candidates
- Executing acquisition searches and providing buy-side advisory services for clients pursuing consolidation strategies
- Arranging financing for acquisitions where necessary
M&A | Public Company Merger and Acquisition Advisory
Osprey Capital advises on strategic alternatives for public companies, including:
- Going private transactions
- Fairness opinions